Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amongstheliving!!

5 posters

Go down

amongstheliving!! Empty amongstheliving!!

Post by amongstheliving Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Decided to make this into an individual post!

Hi, I'm amongstheliving aka ATL. I live in Arizona
I am diagnosed as bipolar I with most recent episode severe depressed.

I love to paint, though I have been too depressed lately to do anything Sad
Music is a huge passion of mine, it helps me get through the day (I also stopped playing guitar with the depression).
My favorite bands are: Led Zeppelin, Wolfmother, and Watership Down (best friend's band based in Mississippi)
I really enjoy reading action/suspense and cooking/baking when I feel up to it.
I also enjoy action movies!
Xbox 360 is fun to play sometimes, I mostly do Borderlands 2, COD (though I suck), and Skyrim (aaaand I'm stuck on a certain part)
I want to start jogging/working out again soon, but it's tough with asthma.
I am currently in school to be an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician).
I have two dogs that I love with all of my heart, even if they are a pain in the ass sometimes Smile(especially the puppy).
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

amongstheliving!! Empty Re: amongstheliving!!

Post by thedoverkid Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Which part of Skyrim are you stuck on?Razz

thedoverkid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Welcome! I'm also VERY into cooking and working out. Have you tried using a stationary bike? I have found you can get a serious workout when using them correctly. And they're low impact and you don't get as winded. If you need any workout/running advice let me know!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Holy crap. You know people from Watership down? I went to a ton of their shows in college. The only cd I have is old, worn, and probably was made on one of their Computers. Sounds like crap now. Lol

Pencil fight! Wow!

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:05 pm

thedoverkid wrote:Which part of Skyrim are you stuck on?Razz
It's the save where a dragon's skeleton has come back to life and you have to fight that, along with several skeleton magic users. I got past that part, but there is some guy shouting at me and draining my magic? I don't think my level is high enough yet or something :/

Admin wrote:Welcome! I'm also VERY into cooking and working out. Have you tried using a stationary bike? I have found you can get a serious workout when using them correctly. And they're low impact and you don't get as winded. If you need any workout/running advice let me know!
My dad has a bike type thing, I will see if I can use it as well! Thanks Smile

drginferbutts wrote:Holy crap. You know people from Watership down? I went to a ton of their shows in college. The only cd I have is old, worn, and probably was made on one of their Computers. Sounds like crap now. Lol

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KNOW WSD!! That is so AWESOME!! Smile I texted Chad about it! (the drummer). I used to talk to the vocalist (Derek) a lot, but that friendship ended. I am trying to get Chad to find all of the old cd's so he can get Derek to make copies of them for me. As a gift, Chad sent me some signed drumsticks! That turned a not-so-great day into an amazing one.
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Awesome. I knew nate. He came to a couple of my Christmas parties. I can't count the number of times I was thrown out of upstairs downstairs at their shows. Lol. 21+ in that bar.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Unfortunately, Nathan passed away a few years ago Sad I never had the chance to know him, but Chad and Derek both spoke highly of the person he was.

Derek actually wrote a song for him, it's amazing. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpSoK48rxo

The band is actually back together now, and they are working on new stuff! They played an acoustic show a couple of months ago in honor of Nathan, and another show before that. I live in Arizona, so I can't make those types of things, but I am hoping to visit Chad soon and when they have a show!
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Yes. I know, very sad.

Thanks for the link.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by denoginized Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:42 pm

I know you already replied to my post, but I was looking at what the people who replied to me had posted and had to add in that AZ was one of the 5 states I've lived in in the last 6 years (where I grew up actually). I also have asthma and used to be really into running in college (8 miles 3-4 times/week) and want to get back into it. Sadly, while depression episodes make it especially hard, my schedule also doesn't leave much time for it :-\

denoginized

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:56 pm

What part of AZ did you live in? My asthma is horrible, especially with all of the allergies I have Sad running is so amazing, but not being able to breathe really puts me off.
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum