Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Severe/crippling depression

3 posters

Go down

Severe/crippling depression Empty Severe/crippling depression

Post by amongstheliving Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Hey, guys! I have had severe/crippling depression in the past, and I would have loved to have some people to talk to who understood my pain. This is a place where you can voice what is bothering you, describe what your pain is like, or anything else! Smile
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Severe/crippling depression Empty Re: Severe/crippling depression

Post by Admin Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks for the input. I really hope that people will reach out and voice the things going on in their lives. Relating to people that have been where you are is awesome to get over them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geneticblizzard Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 am

I don't know if this is a trigger, or something, but just in case, trigger warning I guess.

I know exactly where you're coming from. It's those times where even the absolute bare minimum feels like the biggest chore. I'm currently experiencing that right now. I'm a second-semester sophomore in college, and I'm just not sure how much longer I can keep this up. I'm really struggling to keep it up. It's absolute torture to peel myself off my bed for class in the morning. Sometimes i just feel like crying when I finally manage to sit up in bed, because I just feel like it's not worth it, or I'm not worth it. And when I finally get to class, I become extremely upset because of all the perceived burden of pleasing people, or having deadlines that will make or break my entire future, and I often almost start getting panic attacks in the middle of class. All the professors seem to talk about are future exams, future homework. I often start freaking out about assignments that don't exist yet. I just wish this would end. I hate this. I never asked for this. I have no more energy to deal with this anymore.

Sigh. I'm sure I'll pull through somehow. Thank God, I usually do. It's just sometimes I feel like I'm stumbling drunk across a thin plank over an infinite abyss.

So yeah, I totally understand that feeling. If anyone else is, I'd love to help you out in any way I can <3

geneticblizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:42 am

Hey Blizzard. I can definitely relate to most of that! I hate it since I'm very into fitness. Sometimes doing what I want to do feel so difficult that I have to increase my caffeine intake and take a Pre-workout. I've had to recently cut my coffee consumption back a lot the last few weeks because I was drinking so much during the day that my pre workout barely did anything for me anymore. When I have days that I actually have energy, I feel invincible, compared to days that I feel like I'm dragging myself through mud. One way around that for me is to workout at 5 am, therefore avoiding any energy crash later in the day. Make small goals that you can achieve during the day. Mini goals allow you to accomplish things during the day while giving yourself a boost anytime you make it through one. For example, I'll make a mental note to get my workout done during the morning and have a healthy breakfast after. Takes about two hours total for the whole thing, and if I can get up and do it, I feel so accomplished the rest of the day that I can do a lot more things easily. I try to get some friends to go with me to the gym to keep me accountable, but most of them don't care for gym-ratting it up. I keep myself motivated, but I wish I had an accountability partner.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down