Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Progress and Motivation

5 posters

Go down

Weekly Progress and Motivation Empty Weekly Progress and Motivation

Post by Admin Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 am

Good morning everyone! Instead of the "Help" forum, I'd like to have weekly forums where we can share our overall progress with what we're struggling with, and motivation you have found helpful recently, and what we can do for you to help you out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Weekly Progress and Motivation Empty Re: Weekly Progress and Motivation

Post by drfingerbutts Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 pm

This week I've been adjusting (again? Still?) To New medication. I'm starting to feel like a normal person, which is nice. It's been a few months.

This week my meditation has been Focused on accepting things as they are and not getting stuck. Have you heard the phrase "you never step in the same River twice"? I'm trying to train my thinking pattern to work like that. The river "just is" and it is always moving.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by MangoFreak Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand the quote but I'm happy to hear you're starting to even out. Just make sure to stick to your guns and make that way of thinking habitual. Once you do that you'll be golden.

I'm kind of regressing this week. I was super happy and motivated a week or two ago and now I'm starting to just lose hope. Running low on money and there's talk that I might be fired from my job because the owner of the place is a petty jackass. I'm feeling really alone and I can't turn to any of my family or friends because I don't feel like I can trust them anymore.

And they didn't even do anything wrong. I don't know what the fuck is up with my head.
MangoFreak
MangoFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:04 am

That's great, dr, that your meds are starting to work for you. I've had some really long adjustment periods.
Mango, I understand where you're coming from. I have a few very close friends and family members that I know would move heaven and earth to help me. However, I can't bring myself to them about a lot of the things going on with me. I know they would want to help, too, but I just haven't yet. My parents know some. It's hard to think they would understand without blowing up the situation. Where do you work?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wappened Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Got a new job. Downside: It sucks. Which is motivating me to find something better.
Will improve my sales/people skills. Haven't talked to this many people in years. Haven't talked this much in years.

Spent $4 for a cool lunch (which is almost impossible in NYC)

Working out at gym. Body hurts but over feels good.

Sleeping ok. But seemed to be waking up after 5 hours. Seems to be my normal max sleep. Of course, I usually stay in bed much longer !

Helped a friend moved. She was very grateful.
Put Ikea furniture together. Got stuck at step 2 for TOO LONG.. UG.
Took 4 hours to put a bed together. I can take a computer, car brakes, and anything electronic faster than that!
wappened
wappened

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Good work wrap. Getting a job is definitely a victory! Where are uou working out at? And what's your routine like? I love the sore feeling. I try to be sore most of the time. And helping others is the bomb. Was nice of you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wappened Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Having a great day.
on reddit
with great music

laughing so much my abs are hurting !

might have something to do with the green butter

feels great ! this is a great day.
wappened
wappened

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Awesome to hear you are doing so well, wappened!!

Mary jane always helps me out Wink
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum