Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello friends!

2 posters

Go down

Hello friends! Empty Hello friends!

Post by sterlingalec Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Alec and I am a twenty year old artist and musician living in Portland, Oregon. I play in a couple bands and do a lot of illustrative work. Aside from that, I am not going to school or anything, I am just working one part-time job and kind of floundering around helplessly in the meantime.I play a lot of folk music, but I am also in a shoe gaze band and a garage rock band. I love talking about music and have a ton of music to share with you all, provided you would like me to share it. I saw this forum posted in /r/suicidewatch a few minutes ago, and I love the idea of it. It seems like a lot of people are sharing their situations, so I guess I can sort of try to explain mine, as well. I have had ADHD my entire life, and I have kind of struggled with anxiety and depression since I started taking medication when I was twelve or thirteen. I can't say for certain if I have any actual diagnosable chemical imbalances besides ADHD, but between my current living situation, the dreary whether, and just a constant state of uncertainty, I have been pretty susceptible to anxiety attacks recently. Anyway, I really love talking to people and I promise if you ask me questions about my life or whatever I will sound more like myself and less like an ad for a dog with one ear on an adoption website.

Alright cool, I think that is all I have to say for now?

Last edited by sterlingalec on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add just a bit more about my situation)
sterlingalec
sterlingalec

Back to top Go down

Hello friends! Empty Re: Hello friends!

Post by Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Glad you saw the post! I'd love some more music recommendations! I'm really into house, electronic, that type of stuff. But I'll listen to most anything. What type of stuff do you like to do besides music? Do you have any music you've made?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sterlingalec Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

everyone is always welcome to check out the songs on my soundcloud!
I guess since I just made my account I can't post links, but soundcloud.com/skeletalfriend will get you there!

If you haven't listened already, as far as electronic-like music goes, I would check out the albums:
-"Age of Adz" by Sufjan Stevens
-"Retrospective" by Andrew Huang
-"Sound of Silver" by LCD Soundsystem

Along with music, I am really into art. I love drawing and painting, and I do a lot of illustrations, and I just started a dorky webcomic as well. I really love reading, but I have a hard time with it, so I have not read too many great books, yet. I love Kurt Vonnegut though, and I have a Cat's Cradle quote tattoo'd on my arm!

Thanks for responding!
sterlingalec
sterlingalec

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Mind sharing the webcomic? Only if youre comfortable. I'll check ur music out when I get home. Thanks for sharing. What type of art do you draw? Any you wanna show?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sterlingalec Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Of course, of course! My webcomic can be found at larrylives.smackjeeves.com

and as for my art, there are a few examples of my recent art at scratched99.deviantart.com

Feel free to check those out and let me know what you think!
sterlingalec
sterlingalec

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:27 pm

HAHA I'm digging the bear with the gattling gun arm!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sterlingalec Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Hehe thanks! That's a real old one.
sterlingalec
sterlingalec

Back to top Go down