Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello random internet people!

5 posters

Go down

Hello random internet people! Empty Hello random internet people!

Post by denoginized Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Hi,
I guess I'll just list off some fun facts about me to get things started...

I'm a 25/f in CA.
I've lived in 5 states in the last 6 years, including a brief time in Alaska.
I repair brass musical instruments during the day and play trombone at night.
I have bipolar disorder with rapid cycling and general anxiety disorder with agoraphobia and panic attacks.
I like video games, but wasn't allowed to play them growing up. At the moment I mostly plat Star Wars: The Old Republic.
I mostly like classic rock and some 90s alternative, though because of my profession I also know a decent bit about/enjoy jazz and orchestral music.
I also took some linguistics classes in college for fun (majored in trombone) and have always loved math.
And.... I'm not sure what else to put at the moment, so I guess now I'll just wait and see if anyone responds to this.

denoginized

Back to top Go down

Hello random internet people! Empty Re: Hello random internet people!

Post by SpaceKat808 Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:02 am

Hey I used to live in California! San Diego! Then moved to Hawaii haha.

SpaceKat808

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:51 am

I used to be 1st chair trumpet in concert band! I loved it. Not really sure why, but I stopped all of a sudden and haven't picked it up again. What classes did you take?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi! I'm reaching out to all the ladies today. Seems like there are more guys than girls. .. which is fine, but lay problems can be a little different sometimes. So, hi!

And... I played trombone in 4th grade. Actually, "played" is probably the wrong word. "Caused wild animals in the area to cause themselves harm because of the noses I made" would probably be more accurate.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:19 pm

I see you like Star Wars... I happen to have a Padawan braid :p

I also have bipolar. Bipolar 1. I have mixed episodes at the moment, and I have GAD as well. Are you going to therapy or learning any coping skills?
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by denoginized Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Admin wrote:I used to be 1st chair trumpet in concert band! I loved it. Not really sure why, but I stopped all of a sudden and haven't picked it up again. What classes did you take?
If you mean for music performance in college: jazz band, orrchestra, brass quintet, trombone quartet, ear training, piano, music history, and music theory. Lots of fun stuff Smile
If you mean to become a brass tech: none, lol. Just kind of fell into the profession

denoginized

Back to top Go down

Post by denoginized Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:32 pm

drfingerbutts wrote:Hi!  I'm reaching out to all the ladies today. Seems like there are more guys than girls. .. which is fine, but lay problems can be a little different sometimes. So,  hi!

And... I played trombone in 4th grade. Actually,  "played" is probably the wrong word. "Caused wild animals in the area to cause themselves harm because of the noses I made" would probably be more accurate.

Well that's good there are SOME girls here. I usually don't get to spend time with girls other than my SO'S sister and mother... my work and most of my gigs are mostly men...
Also, disturbing both humans and wild animals is one of the best perks of a brass instrument! There were time in college that I'd take my horn out to the lake to practice and just blast loud notes to scare the ducks away if I started getting frustrated. "That's right, RUN!" HA

denoginized

Back to top Go down

Post by denoginized Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:45 pm

amongstheliving wrote:I see you like Star Wars... I happen to have a Padawan braid :p

I also have bipolar. Bipolar 1. I have mixed episodes at the moment, and I have GAD as well. Are you going to therapy or learning any coping skills?

I'm not going to therapy at the moment, but I was recently in a partial hospitalization program where I got to reaffirm some CBT that I'd learned in the past. I tend to have the most success with just simple logic. I've always been very analytical(and think analyzing is fun), so I try notice thoughts and behaviors that happen while I'm unstable and then use those as "red flags" to tell myself "shit... I'm manic/depressed... I need to calm down and figure out why I'm thinking this"
Lately it's been hard though (as I said, had to take some time off for PHP). Boyfriend is unemployed, money's tight, lots of medical bills, stressful time at work, lots of gigs that i cant seem to say no to, etc... but I'm still able to get up and work every day, so that's something.
What about you? Any therapy work that works well for you?

denoginized

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum