Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from me

4 posters

Go down

Hello from me Empty Hello from me

Post by mogwai Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Hey everyone. I just may have stumbled upon this resource at the right time, as the soul-crushing depression has set in once again, fiercely. I'm a 23 year old female biology/psychology student and struggling through every minute of it, although I love what I'm learning.

I don't have many hobbies anymore, but I used to do photography and ride horses, as well as be an avid reader... also into super doomey/stoney/sludgy metal music (unlike most people.)  I feel like I'm beginning to fade away lately as little brings me pleasure as it once used to.

I'm looking forward to meeting this new community. *hugs*

mogwai

Back to top Go down

Hello from me Empty Re: Hello from me

Post by Admin Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm

*Hugs* Welcome! You're in good company. Lots of us know what it's like to lose our hobbies and passions to depression. It's not that you don't "have" them, it's just that your mood won't allow you to enjoy them as much anymore. I would love to learn photography, but I don't even know what to take pictures of. But like you, most of my hobbies no longer interest me. I usually just curl up at home, browsing reddit til i go to sleep. Do you get outside a lot? I would think with photography and horses you might be an outdoor person.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squibley Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:26 am

Hey Mogwai,

Love your username, is it in reference to the band or the film gremlins?

*Hugs* I like a good step is to come on here and chat. At least you are taking steps to improve yourself and still receptive to talking to people regardless of if you know them in IRL or not.

Squibley

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:58 am

Hello. Saying Hi, seems like there are a lot of guys here. So Hi from another female.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by mogwai Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Admin wrote:*Hugs* Welcome! You're in good company. Lots of us know what it's like to lose our hobbies and passions to depression. It's not that you don't "have" them, it's just that your mood won't allow you to enjoy them as much anymore. I would love to learn photography, but I don't even know what to take pictures of. But like you, most of my hobbies no longer interest me. I usually just curl up at home, browsing reddit til i go to sleep. Do you get outside a lot? I would think with photography and horses you might be an outdoor person.

I try to get outside as much as possible, but I have SAD and it seems like for me that means that if it's not like at least 90 degrees outside and there's not a cloud in the sky, then it's much harder for me to get out. Reddit ain't so bad. I let myself browse reddit for long periods of time but try to make sure I'm learning new things while doing so. Then perhaps an idea or two will come about, we can hope. Good luck with your struggles as well and thank you for the response. Smile

mogwai

Back to top Go down

Post by mogwai Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Squibley wrote:Hey Mogwai,

Love your username, is it in reference to the band or the film gremlins?

*Hugs* I like a good step is to come on here and chat. At least you are taking steps to improve yourself and still receptive to talking to people regardless of if you know them in IRL or not.

Hey! Sorry for the late response and thank you for yours... thought I would get email notifications for replies but I think I figured that out now. I want to stay active here.
Mogwai is a reference to the band. They are one of my all time favorites... Do you like them? I just love super intense emotional music like that... with few vocals/lyrics... wonder why haha

mogwai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum