Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

asbothecat

+2
Admin
asbothecat
6 posters

Go down

asbothecat Empty asbothecat

Post by asbothecat Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Hey I'm from england, just finishing my first year at university.

Love movies (study it at university), literally anything so long as its good. Spend my life on netflix. Social anxiety has meant I'm alone hear, living in halls with a bunch of other students which makes it kind of hard, don't know their names after a year.

Anyway, I love to talk about music (top 5 bands: Elliott Smith, Bomb The Music Industry, Lou Reed, Pavement, Belle and Sebastian), Movies (Annie Hall, Alien, The exorcist, Darjeeling Limited, Good Will Hunting), Politics, philosophy, psychology or just about anything else, apart from sports really...

I have a cat called asbo.

asbothecat

Back to top Go down

asbothecat Empty Re: asbothecat

Post by Admin Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Welcome! Although my anxiety doesn't always keep me in, I can relate. With an extremely low self-esteem, it's difficult to want to leave my room sometimes. This usually makes me feel worse later when I hear there was an event or activity I could've gone to. I love netflix and I watch a lot of anime in my spare time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Social anxiety is the worst.

What can you recommend on Netflix? I look, but it seems they have a lot of crap or stuff I've already seen.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by asbothecat Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Yup.

House of cards is fucking awesome, though theres some other great stuff on there too. Black books is hilarious, Id really recommend rushmore too if you wanna watch Bill Murray and Jason Scwartzman being awesome for a couple hours!

asbothecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Have you seen attack on titan? I don't know if you like anime, but this show is amazing! I've shown people that don't like anime and they've loved it as well. House of cards is great. I recently watched the entire justice league cartoon. Nostalgia lol. All of scrubs for sure!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squibley Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:32 am

I love black books, Dylan Moran's face when he asks for a 'ham sandwich.....with a pickle' :O) I used to watch it religiously when I was at uni. That and Green Wing. Have You seen Spaced with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Jessica Haynes(was Stevenson)

Ooh I like Belle and Sebastian, well I like Boy with the Arab Strap....weird connection with Belle and Sebastian, I know the graphic artist who has helped with their album covers Smile

Squibley

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:53 am

Netflix doesn't have black books, spaced, green wing streaming in us. Boo.

I'll try attack on Titan. We already watch house of cards - is awesome. I think I've probably seen all of Bill Murrays movies. But those would good to go through and relax/laugh a bit.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Attack on Titan is freaking awesome!!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is one of the best shows I have ever watched.. I am currently on my second time watching the series. Lots of action, but also an amazing plot!!
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

asbothecat Empty Music!

Post by sterlingalec Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Hey, you have wonderful taste in music! "Brighten The Corners" by Pavement is by far one of my favorite albums ever. My best friend in High School loved BTMI! and got to see him on his farewell tour. Let's talk tunes, sometime!
sterlingalec
sterlingalec

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Yea I second Fullmetal Alchemist- either series is amazing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum