Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey everyone! I'm Junesky.

5 posters

Go down

Hey everyone! I'm Junesky. Empty Hey everyone! I'm Junesky.

Post by junesky Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 pm

I've only made one post, but I'm already overwhelmed by the positivity and support of this little community! This is just what I need right now.

I'm junesky. 20 year old female.

Location: Grand Rapids, MI (USA), previously Minneapolis, MN.

Interests: Food! I've been a vegetarian (transitioning to partial pescitarian) for 6 years, and I like to try new foods. Art, graphic design in particular. I want to go back to college for this, but I'm teaching myself in the meantime. I'm also trying to learn Spanish. Netflix documentaries rule my life. Fashion on a very humble level. Reading. Natural and holistic health practices. Tumblr, reddit, figuring out how to be as frugal as I can be.

Other hobbies/activities: Making shitty ASMR vids, drawing, painting, creative writing, baking, cooking,  Road trips...  cat I go on weekend short trips all of the time. Changing up my scenery and having things to look forward to. I go to the gym a lot. It's my refuge and pretty much the only time I feel nearly anxiety-free and at peace. I like to run and bike, yoga on occasion. Meditation is also very important to me, I practice on a daily basis...if that counts as a hobby as well. Live music, coffee shop lounging, window shopping, thrifting.

Personality: INFJ(or P, who knows), 4w3 on the enneagram. Way too sensitive, causes me to get walked all over. Loyal to people I love.

I liked reading all of your posts. Can't wait to learn more!

Last edited by junesky on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Words mixed up, thanks iphone.)
junesky
junesky

Back to top Go down

Hey everyone! I'm Junesky. Empty Re: Hey everyone! I'm Junesky.

Post by Admin Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am

And now I really need a massage! Thanks Junesky... lol. It sounds like you have a lot of hobbies! I need to take a lesson or two from you and get on some of those. It also sounds like you are a very driven person and motivated to learn! That is an amazing quality. I am also a very sensitive person, and that can definitely cause me to get walk on and used. It's great to have you on the forum. Look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Oooh. I'm infp, too. I have the same problems, being walked over and taken advantage of. It's very annoying.

Meditation counts! I'm learning "how" at the moment. I just started about 3 weeks ago. It has helped calming, but if you read my mailman post you will see it hasn't generalized throb my life yet.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by wappened Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 pm

welcome with open arms !

overly sensitive and loyal ! Yup !

Good people exist !
But we are hard to find due to amount of pain we go through to find each other !
Recovery can be tough!

Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.

wappened
wappened

Back to top Go down

Post by mogwai Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi there! You sound a lot like me. I went and graduated from massage school but I never got my license as it was just something I wanted to do to take a break from college that would be a little less pressure but help me learn a lot about my body. I was getting so many mixed messages from doctors and people around me that it was messing with my head so I decided to get educated. It's great that you are doing that though.

What kind of bodywork do you like/interests you the most? Myofascial release was my favorite and seemed to help me the most. What kind of bodywork do you think helps most when you're having a hard time psychologically? I've tried all sorts of energy work but it always really drains me afterward, even though I feel more relaxed.

I love the gym too and feel like you do, but I always end up pushing myself too far and then being in pain and having to stop for a while. I'd also love to begin meditating but it just always "slips my mind" lol... I need to set a daily reminder of sorts I suppose.

Good luck on your recovery and keep up the good work!

mogwai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum