Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coping Mechanisms and Strategies

4 posters

Go down

Coping Mechanisms and Strategies Empty Coping Mechanisms and Strategies

Post by Admin Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 am

Good morning, everyone! I've seen a lot of people say they have different methods of coping with anxiety, depression, lethargy, etc. If you feel you have a particularly good technique you want to share, post it! I personally like to listen to AMV on youtube. I just lookup some electronic music with some of my favorite anime in it and check that out for a bit. I'm the type of person that likes to get out of the here and now, and anime and fiction have always taken me "away" to a place where things can't bother me. RPG video games also have that effect. Working out has helped me in the past as well. Runner's high is REAL! It will make you feel great. If anyone would like any workout tips or anything, let me know!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Coping Mechanisms and Strategies Empty Re: Coping Mechanisms and Strategies

Post by drfingerbutts Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Get moving!

I tend to tense up a lot. I pull my shoulders up to my ears, hunch my shoulders over, keep my head down. That causes stress on my body and hurts.

I found a great source on you tube, fitness blenders. They have simple videos that are easy to follow. I just did "upper body stretching routine." It is only 14 minutes long.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Getting up and going out to do ANYTHING... hang out with friends, go for a walk, even get up to dance around your room!

I used to paint while listening to music and play guitar, two things I am actually going to try and get back into this weekend! Anything artistic makes me forget or puts me into a great mood

Also, pot. Weed. Marijuana. If it's not your thing, totally cool! But it can put me into an incredible mood when I am feeling sour.
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by annushka-the-plague Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:21 am

I love to do yoga. There are lots of nice yoga tutorial channels on youtube. It's a lovely way to start the day, and a nice reason to get out of bed. Plus looking at the videos makes me feel like I'm actually at a class. When I feel isolated, they make me feel less alone.
annushka-the-plague
annushka-the-plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down