Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just hid from the mailman

3 posters

Go down

I just hid from the mailman Empty I just hid from the mailman

Post by drfingerbutts Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:56 pm

holy cow I am laughing at myself and hate myself at the same time. Nearly had a fucking panic attack because the mailman knocked on the door. A package was too large for the box. Omfg.

Phobia: bad catastrophic crippling news

I thought he was at the door to have me sign for something that came in certified mail. I'm currently on fmla leave for work and I'm scared they will try to fire me for it.

That was. . . Fight or flight. Wow. My training in mindfulness, neutral thinking, valid thinking needs much more practice. Holy fucking hell.

Good news? I didn't actually panic. As soon as I did it I realized how fucking dumb it was, but I stayed committed because I couldn't let him know I was scared of him.

And the package is the yearly magazine & 45 that Pearl Jam sends their 10 Club members. So Yay.

Goal: I need to practice driving to work, so I can at least consider going back.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

I just hid from the mailman Empty Re: I just hid from the mailman

Post by annushka-the-plague Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Hehehehe reminds me of that episode of Frasier where someone calls into his radio show to say she hates her in-laws. Mid call, the in-laws call at the door, so everybody in the house drops to the floor and pretends to be out; comedy ensues.

It's funnier when you're watching it, trust me :p Frasier is awesome.

That's a really good idea, practicing your journey to work. I might try that too Smile
annushka-the-plague
annushka-the-plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:27 am

Hey Dr. Maybe you can practice smaller things first to build up to beating that phobia. Or go through the situations that cause you panic in your head before they happen, and going over your reactions a few times to prepare you for what's coming. I do that sometimes when I know I'm going to be in a social situation that will cause me anxiety. It helps me be a little more prepared for the panic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum