Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you guys deal with anxiety?

4 posters

Go down

How do you guys deal with anxiety? Empty How do you guys deal with anxiety?

Post by Jammin_SpaceCowboy Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Hey guys I was just wondering for those of you who have anxiety how you deal with it? Do you guys take medication or do you control it naturally? I'm going to start taking meds pretty soon for my anxiety any input would greatly appreciated.

Jammin_SpaceCowboy

Back to top Go down

How do you guys deal with anxiety? Empty Re: How do you guys deal with anxiety?

Post by Admin Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:45 am

I like to take mini naps. They usually help me during lunch. I take 15-25 minutes either in the car or wherever and just close my eyes. Sometimes I'll have some light music on. Or I watch a short episode of a show I like. I've tried the deep breathing and stuff, but didn't have much success. Also, thinking about a place and time where I was TRULY happy and just let my mind take me there. I will come up with a situation where I am happy and play it for a few minutes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:39 am

I have meds, but I mostly control it on my own. Slow, deep breaths. Focusing on one thing. Distracting myself with something else. I've dealt with it for so many years that I sort of just deal with it now.
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 pm

Meds! I couldn't do it without meds right now. I cycle through, a few years on a few years off. I think I'm getting to the point where I accept that I just need to be on them always. I've been a quiet and shy person some early childhood, it isn't going to change now.

I take bus-par 15mg twice a day, have ativan for panic attacks. I was also on zoloft, but my depression is going hard core right now, so that had to be upped to help with that. In the past I have also used klonopin, because I was unable to sleep and had horrible, racing thoughts.

For long term healing, I just started a dbt group. I've only been once, so I don't have a lot to reflect on. It does make me talk about personal issues in a group, though, so that is a start. I am also learning meditation and the practice of being mindful. And I try to exercise: mainly yoga, walking, and hiking once the weather gets better.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:06 am

I'm on zoloft now. I would not have been able to get anywhere so far without it. I also took klonopin, but got off that and had a particularly painful withdrawal (and a STUPID psychiatrist....jackass). Anyways, I'm getting on Wellbutrin soon. I'm hoping that will take away the nagging fatigue and tired feeling. Where would you look for a group?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drfingerbutts Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 am

Mine is offered through my doctors office. But they did give me a list of other groups in the community. I haven't tried any of those yet.

drfingerbutts

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:11 pm

I was on buspar and klonopin, neither did anything for me. I am currently on xanax 1mg. At one point, I was prescribed xanax 1mg up to 4 times a day. It was insane.
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Klonopin helped me a lot actually. But getting off of it was terrible. It took a while for me to adjust, and I don't always sleep as well as I did while on it, but I normalized after a few months.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down