Buddy System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Guys! I'm Geneticblizzard

3 posters

Go down

Hey Guys! I'm Geneticblizzard Empty Hey Guys! I'm Geneticblizzard

Post by geneticblizzard Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Hey, I'm geneticblizzard. I'm 19, and I live in Chicago, IL, where I'm studying Politics and Government. I grew up in southwest Scotland.

I don't have many interests.. I mostly just waste time on the internet. I guess you could say I'm kind of a boring person Razz. I like to read too when I'm able to. I also like Chinese food, music and cats - of which I have two amazing little ones at home, whom I miss dearly.

I've suffered depression for about 7 years now, and a degree of social anxiety throughout my life.

So yeah, that's pretty much me. I'm hoping I'll get the chance to get to know some of you guys a little better!

geneticblizzard

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys! I'm Geneticblizzard Empty Re: Hey Guys! I'm Geneticblizzard

Post by Admin Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:25 am

Welcome! Wow Scotland, I've actually always wanted to go there. I love to travel, and have yet to go there. I do have a few interests, but they all start to seem boring when I get depressed. What do you like to read?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geneticblizzard Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Admin wrote:Welcome! Wow Scotland, I've actually always wanted to go there. I love to travel, and have yet to go there. I do have a few interests, but they all start to seem boring when I get depressed. What do you like to read?

Ah, Scotland's not as great as the hype suggests. Though then again, I lived there for 17 years, so maybe I just have the wrong perspective.

I think all activities start to seem a little boring, or just undo-able when one is depressed. I think it's even one of the 'official' symptoms.

I primarily read penguin classics from the 20th century. Stuff like H.G. Wells' work, and George Orwell etc. Two of my favorite books are Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, and American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. I also really liked The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Do you read at all?

geneticblizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Yea I read mostly fantasy fiction. I've been reading a lot of R A Salvatore recently. Very easy reading but entertaining. I love anything that creates a whole world and lore. I get lost in that stuff. And I get what you mean. I'm from Florida and I've lived there so long seeing the celebrities and nice beaches are normal lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://buddysytem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:10 pm

geneticblizzard wrote:
Admin wrote:Welcome! Wow Scotland, I've actually always wanted to go there. I love to travel, and have yet to go there. I do have a few interests, but they all start to seem boring when I get depressed. What do you like to read?

Ah, Scotland's not as great as the hype suggests. Though then again, I lived there for 17 years, so maybe I just have the wrong perspective.

I think all activities start to seem a little boring, or just undo-able when one is depressed. I think it's even one of the 'official' symptoms.

I primarily read penguin classics from the 20th century. Stuff like H.G. Wells' work, and George Orwell etc. Two of my favorite books are Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, and American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. I also really liked The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Do you read at all?

I just finished American Psycho! One of the most and least satisfying endings there is to a book. I am going to read Flatland soon (suggested by a friend) and also Animal Farm. I really enjoyed 1984, so I am sure that it will be an awesome read!

Two of my favorite books are by Kitty Sewell, Ice Trap and Bloodprint. They are a type of suspense. I know authors all have their own unique writing style, but I have never read anything quite like her books.

The Tao of Pooh is a great book for some insight on life. It's helped with my depression before. Even if I hate Pooh :p Also, Man's Search For Meaning is really great.
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by geneticblizzard Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:06 am

amongstheliving wrote:
geneticblizzard wrote:

I just finished American Psycho! One of the most and least satisfying endings there is to a book. I am going to read Flatland soon (suggested by a friend) and also Animal Farm. I really enjoyed 1984, so I am sure that it will be an awesome read!

Two of my favorite books are by Kitty Sewell, Ice Trap and Bloodprint. They are a type of suspense. I know authors all have their own unique writing style, but I have never read anything quite like her books.

The Tao of Pooh is a great book for some insight on life. It's helped with my depression before. Even if I hate Pooh :p Also, Man's Search For Meaning is really great.

Sorry I'm a little late to reply!

Awww, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy American Psycho's ending. I hope you still enjoyed most of it though!

Animal Farm is a great little book. It can be finished in a few days. You may have already finished it by now, actually, since it can be read in a day if you enjoy it enough!

I've personally never heard of any of those books you mentioned, though I may check them out if the plots seem good!

geneticblizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by amongstheliving Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:50 am

Sorry, I meant that it was both satisfying and unsatisfying to me. It was both the best and the worst ending.

(I don't make sense)
amongstheliving
amongstheliving

Back to top Go down

Post by geneticblizzard Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:58 am

amongstheliving wrote:Sorry, I meant that it was both satisfying and unsatisfying to me. It was both the best and the worst ending.

(I don't make sense)

Ahh, don't worry about it. I hardly even remember the ending. The main body was most memorable to me. I only vaguely remember him considering getting with Jean at the end!

geneticblizzard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum